Sunday, June 21, 2009

four score and four months ago

Four score and four months ago, I left off with this blog, fully intending to return. Well, just like a bad penny or a herpes outbreak, I'm back. Here's the latest:

1. I eventually signed with said management company for the duration of the "Mixtape" project. We are also working on developing a sitcom idea that I had, as well. No money has exchanged hands and I am more than a little fed up. I sent him six of my best loglines and he basically "No Thank You"'d them all. He also hasn't taken my script to Corbin Bleu because, he says, it's too much like Mixtape. Lucas was the reason I was pressing ahead! If I don't get it to Corbin, I'm going to be more than a little pissed.

2. I've been working for the company formerly known as Dick Cheese, Inc. now for a few months. It's a paycheck, so I have no complaints.

3. Still playwriting. My play "Bless Their Hearts" hits the stage in small town Michigan next weekend. I won't be there, but it's cool. Just to know that there are people out there who enjoy my work is enough.

4. A couple of days ago, I received a CD copy of my radio play "Back from the Brink" in the mail. It was actually funny. My favorite part was the mom in the background screaming "There better be!"

Well, chickies, that's about it. I promise I'll be back with new and exciting adventures of the writing life of the DLF!

No comments: