Friday, February 13, 2009

no news is still no news

I haven't heard anything from the Holiday Plans director about the location and dates of the shoot. Since they're thinking about shooting the second weekend in March, I'm thinking that they're taking their time. The director was shooting Russell Simmons' post-Grammy Party, so I guess he had other priorities. Still, a little email or text would be nice. I'm trying not to be high maintenance, but that would be counter to my diva nature.

Speaking of high-maintenance, I received an email from the "Mixtape" management folks asking for a conference call on Friday (today). Seems they have a director and a producer willing to come on board with the project. But, get these apples, they want a full rewrite. What the fuck did they see in the script in the first place if it has to be rewritten a fourth time? It's really annoying me. So I wrote them back and was all "I'm on board for a rewrite and conference call, but first I want a contract or at least a detailed memo outlining what our relationship is and how much we get paid upon sale, etc.".

Crickets.

That was Tuesday and I haven't heard NATHAN. No "I understand and I'll get back with you" email, no "fuck you, who do you think you is, the Wiz?", no nothing. So, this could be going two ways. One, they're drafting something and will get back with me or two, they were on the shady tip and I called their bluff. I'm hoping for option one, but if it's option 2, I'm ready for their asses. I'm too old to pay games. I want my movie on screen, but I'll be damned if I don't get paid for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I thought it over and green is dead. Til I change my mind...the color's RED!"

Anonymous said...

Come on with the blogs! I miss my daily funnies.