Friday, February 6, 2009

she works hard for the money

Prayer does, indeed, work! I just got my offer letter today from our erstwhile Dick Cheese, Inc. company. Yay! Dick Cheese, they are no longer. Henceforth, they shall only be known by their proper name (which has nothing to do with schmegma). Anyway, I must fax my acceptance letter in tomorrow morning and then I begin work (and collecting a paycheck, natch) on 9 March. It's been a long time coming, so I'm so grateful to have been offered a job when so many others are losing theirs. Things are looking up, up, up!

Earlier today, things were looking down, down, down as I received a long-overdue rejection letter from a prodco in Los Angeles. Well, at least they sent it and didn't have me waiting and hoping ad infinitum. It's back to the drawing board and the drawing board is pretty full these days. I'm revisiting a screenplay I'd written called "The Sophomore Gospel". It's teen religious noir and very outside my box, but in a talent-stretching way. I'm on page 70 and I'm anxious to see where my characters take me. Right now, they're being held hostage in their Catholic boarding school by Satan. Did I mention my main character is Asian? Not enough Asians have starring roles in movies. That's me, ya'll. A catalyst for change.

Tomorrow I have a ton of volunteer training to attend for my son's school, but I'm gonna try my best to squeeze in a couple more scenes in "Gospel". The more I think about this project, the more I'm falling in love with it all over again.

No comments: