Sunday, January 4, 2009

first haterism of 2009

All kinds of hateration and holleration in this dancery! :-)

Okay now I kind of feel like the bad friend. When I saw forward I didn't open this immediately because I just thought it was some type of joke or something. I didn't know that it was one of your shorts. I get so many emails that I filter based on the subject line. Thanks for sharing this with me. The dialog was not bad, the kids spoke like kids. Not a critisim of you, but the girls over acted. I liked the Jordan character, especially at the end, I also liked his friend, the other little boy. Was the lisp your idea or just what happened at casting...the lisp is a great effect.

The part about the little boy stealing the collection pot didn't seem to add to the story line, nor did it have a resolution or outcome, so it didn't really work for me.

I liked that Jordan spoke or expressed his feeling through Stillo, that is very realistic and enhances Jordan as a character.

My guess is that part of the plot was trying to speak to the current economic situation as an explanation for the minimal gifts under the tree, but when Jordan awoke the following morning, there seemed to be quite a few gifts under the tree, so this wasn't developed either. But I did like that Santa explained about parents possibly losing their jobs and the kids' response was real kid logic and then Jordan asking about the possible loss of a jobs over dinner really worked. I also like when his friend (boy) mentioned about using "a well place baby monitor" that makes how kids might find gifts more contemporary.

All in all, I watched it all the way through because I was interested in how it ended, so it kept my interest. I also think you ended it well with Jordan's best gift being a baby brother and the fact that his mom being pregnant that close to Christmas made him kind of oblivious to what pregnance actually meant. He didn't understand, but his dad showing him the pictures on Christmas morning helped him to understand.

No comments: