Saturday, January 31, 2009

since you've been gone

Or, more appropriately, since I've been gone- this is what's transpired:

1. Turned in my "Holiday Plans" part 2. As far as I know, shooting hasn't started yet. I spoke to the director on the eve of the inauguration and he told me that he had a high profile music video and a commercial to shoot, so that was the priority over HP. Whatever. Haven't heard from him since.

2. Had an interview with a large defense contractor, DICK CHEESE, LTD. As I was leaving the offices, I was led to believe that I was not only in the running, but a definite front runner. Then, I check the website and realize that I am "no longer in consideration for the position". What the fuck ever. I hate these companies. I'm so qualified, it hurts and yet here I sit, under employed.

3. Speaking of underemployment, I quit my soul-sucking retail job. I hate working with and for people that I can buy and sell any day of the week. Yeah, I said it. Call me a bitch. I don't care. I still have Crackheads, Inc. and wouldn't you know they paid me the correct amount and on time? Methinks I might check my work email today- just to be nice.

4. Waited around in vain for studio heads, industry heads, hell BLACKheads to call me back, but no dice. Nobody's interested in Lucas, Mixtape or anything else I've got on offer. I'm dangerously close to throwing in the towel.

5. Offended four senior theater troupes from Detroit to Pittsburgh. All the theatre directors were receptive to my phone calls and emails and all were keen to read my play "Bless Their Hearts". That is, until they realized that it was about grannies on Ecstasy. Then, all four were keen to tell me to fuck right off. Well, fuck them right back.

That's the long and short of it. Life marches on, even though I so desperately wish it would stop and let me off. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I'm reading a book about true angel encounters and miracle healings and whatnot. It sucks to think that I just might be on the other side of all the fun. Sometimes I wonder why God is keeping me alive? I mean, He's literally yanked me from the jaws of death several times, so what the hell is my purpose? I know He loves me, but sometimes I wonder if I'm kept around for sport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, man. Bless Their Hearts is awesome! Maybe a play house in Cali or in another insanely liberal state would produce it for the stage?