Monday, September 1, 2008

hollywood rewrites

So, I've been reading and re-reading "Mixtape" to see where I can add, cut or clarify the story. After reading it until my eyes bled, I realized it comes down to three missing scenes and a couple of dialogue tweaks. I've since written one of the three missing scenes and my goal today is to finish the other two. Sure, they'll be in draft form, but it's difficult to edit something that isn't on the page.

My play was accepted to the Act One Series in San Antonio again! :-) If you remember, they were the ones that produced "Cleaver" in May. Anyway, I'm so excited! My parents and my brother-in-law went last time, but this will be the first play that my husband will see of mine. He did watch "Suburban Psycho" when I received the DVD, but there's nothing like watching your work live, you know? I used to wonder if he was just humoring me whenever I had something published or a movie made, but I don't think so anymore. He's footing the bill for my Los Angeles trip in two weeks (two *&^%ing weeks!!!) and when I found out about the whole "Dustpan" thing yesterday, he was right there with me, excited (well, as excited as he gets).

Gotta stop stalling and knock out these scenes.

No comments: