Monday, September 1, 2008

look familiar?

irst of all, let me say that I rarely recognize holidays. Except for Christmas and Easter, they all seem like excuses to get out of work or stuff your face with barbeque. So, Labor Day finds me where I usually am- in the office, banging away at the keyboard hoping like heck that the inspiration fairies see fit to sprinkle a little magic on me.

In my last blog, I talked about how I didn't think I made it into this playwriting contest because I hadn't heard anything and casting was supposed to start in a couple of weeks. Well, scratch that. Yesterday, I received an email from the theatre saying that I had made it in, after all!!! Yay!!! I'm super stoked about this because it'll be the first time my husband gets to see my work on stage. He's seen the short film, but never a play.

Also, the five pounds I've gained have since gone away. That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Back on the pharmaceuticals and looking swell! I also levied a back-handed accusation at an acquaintance last time around saying that she probably won't come through for me at the writing conference. I was wrong again! She called yesterday and said that she ran into a Development Executive from Columbia Pictures and she told him about me and got his information for me. If she actually sends me the information, this could be big. Columbia and Sony are like Lucy and Ethel, Remus and Romulus, Deniro and Pachino- historically significant heavy hitters. She was in the middle of telling me about her cool experiences, but I saw a really cute purple dress in the window of Max Mara and had to cut the convo short. Does that make me a bad person?

As if yesterday couldn't get any more productive, I received an email from a theatre troupe based in Los Angeles. Seems they want to put on my short (and I mean short- 3 pages, yo) called "Dustpan". Okay, I know it sounds cheesy and there's a good reason for that: it is!!! But I'm excited to see it on stage anyway.

No comments: