Friday, September 26, 2008

updates, no chaser

1. The producer I was working with in L.A. has informed me that, for reasons known only to him, he may not be able to produce my short. No production, no payday. Could he have told me this sooner without me asking? Grr. Did I mention the way I'm feeling toward L.A. people nowadays?

2. Another small company I was working with told me last Friday that they, too, wouldn't be able to produce another short of mine. Seems a member of their team departed, leaving them without the means to produce any more stuff. So, contrary to popular belief, one monkey does indeed stop the show.

3. I'm becoming more of a hermit everyday. I've found that when I take a good, hard look at who I call my "friends" I must face facts that they aren't my friends at all. Friends listen when you talk to them, offer advice (or shut the hell up, but instinctively know which one at any given moment), and are there for you. I have a "friend" whom I've known forever that does none of these things. She calls me, talks at me and hangs up. I call her, she talks at me and hangs up. I don't need this shit.

4. Writing News! The top 50 Slamdance competition entries will be announced on Tuesday, 30 September. I'm really excited because mine made it to the second round already. If I make it to the Top 50, I will probably spontaneously defecate. You're digging that visual, I can tell.

5. Great strides have been made in the Responsibility Camp script. I'm on page 60ish and counting. Right now, I'm in the idea diarrhea stage; that is, anything and everything that I think might work in this story goes on the page. I've way more subplots than are needed and scenes are WAY out of order, but I have a feeling this is all gonna come out beautifully.

6. I'm putting off reworking "Kelly's Haven", but it must be done if I want Jeff Goldblum to play the villain. He's still a hottie, but aging like it's going out of style. Have you seen him lately? The faces on money look younger...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shake them haters off. There will be more production companies who will produce your stuff the right way. Your scripts deserve to be on screen and it will happen. "Can't stop; won't stop!!"