Friday, April 25, 2008

Italian word of the day: Garbagiola

Did you miss me?? I’ve missed you, dahling! I’ve been away for a minute and a half, but rest assured, you didn’t miss a damned thing. Well, okay. You missed a heavily-edited, but still-hilarious airing of “Next Friday” on TBS (complete with the hostile African without his receipt) and a rejection letter from a playwriting contest in Florida. I could sense rejection on the horizon, as the my submission was one of my first and complete garbagiola (that’s a soft “g”). No matter; this was one of those instances where I was filling a monthly quota.

I’ve gotta stop doing that, though. It’s just as stupid for me to waste postage on a bunk submission as it is for an agent not to respect my SASE. By the way, this theatre company used their own postage to mail me my rejection. They can lick balls for rejecting my play, but get props for shelling out postage.

No comments: