Tuesday, April 1, 2008

When it rains, it pours

Today I was still high off my newest, high-vis writing gig when I found yet another writing opportunity! It seems that some independent filmmakers in Arizona (who have either won or placed very high in several big name film festivals) are looking for short screenplays on a certain topic. Of all those submitted, the top 6 screenplays will be made into a movie made up of vignettes all loosely relating to the topic. I'm going to enter because I have a short, 24 page script that- although not necessarily neglected- has been gathering dust on my hard drive for the last two years. The original concept of this screenplay was supposed to be a teenage mystery/thriller that takes place in a high school, but the mystery/thriller part of it was lacking. It's got great dialogue (IMHO, of course) and compelling characters, so I'd hate to see them go to waste. Now it looks like I won't have to.

Tonight and tomorrow, I plan to chop my baby down to the requisite 10-15 pages, insert a little sumpin-sumpin about the topic to make it flow and send it off with a kiss and a prayer. Viel gluck!

No comments: