Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the baddest joke

Here we are today: The greedy sons of b*tches didn't take our first offer. As it turns out, they believe they can get more for the house than what we were offering. I understand this. As a licensed agent, I understand that sellers are still feeling themselves when they're less than 30 days on the market. Never fear, though. We've already written an offer on our backup property and it will be delivered today.

Yesterday was my first day away from the office and it was fantastic! The whole day was spent writing, watching old DVR shows and playing DS. Today my replacement text'd me four times with stupid questions. Lemme tell ya- he's the one they hired to do my job (and at a 10% increase, no less!), so he can sit in the hot seat and figure the shit out himself. I'm chillin'.

I never got around to Bad Joke yesterday. "Bad Joke" is a play about what happens when a group of plumbers, along with the bartender, are stranded by a midwestern snowstorm and find out that they are sleeping with each other's wives. The "bad joke" is that they're all in costume from a Halloween party. At the beginning, a rabbi, priest and Indian Chief walk into the bar. Then the light blows out and they have to change the light ("how many plumbers does it take to change a lightbulb?"). At the end, a man dressed as a horse walks in and asks the bartender "Why the long face?" It's cheesy and probably the reason I haven't finished it.

My husband just came in and asked me if I wanted to go to the gym. I think he knows I'm getting chunky and soft like a cookie (hey, chocolate chip nookie!), but doesn't want to say anything for fear of offense. Well, ha! You may as well say it, Plucky, 'cuz I'm offended already.

No comments: