Sunday, May 4, 2008

time goes on with or without you

At present, I'm laying in bed trying desperately not to face the day. I have too much stuff to do today, from getting a pedicure to finishing packing (the movers show up tomorrow morning). But there's a part of me that says if I just lay here and bang away at the keyboard, then somehow time will slow up or even stop to fit my needs. If only that were true. No matter if I drag myself to the salon, if I lay here avoiding life, time will go on. I'm learning- slowly but surely- that Time is like the German S Bahn. It will pull from the platform exactly as scheduled, regardless if you're in your seat or not. It's your choice to be prepared or not.

To that end, ladies and gentlemen, I'm gonna face the day. I don't want to, but the only thing worse than facing a day you're dreading is facing the consequences of avoiding that day.

If this doesn't make sense, no worries. It's one of those blogs I'm purely writing for self.

No comments: