Tuesday, June 10, 2008

deeper and deeper

So, the last time I wrote, I was lamenting the fact that I feel about as out of place as a Huey Newton at a KKK rally. Well, it hasn't gotten much better. I still don't know anybody here, still have zero job prospects (why isn't Raytheon calling me back??) and to top it off, I found out that I have to take the driver's license test over again since my out of state license is expired. My eyebrows need to be tamed, I need a manicure and I'm running out of Mary Kay nighttime solution (it's a face thing- totally necessary). Ya'll, I have no motivation to write or to even breathe. Yesterday I went to bed thinking/hoping/wishing that if I didn't wake up, that would be fine with me.

On the writing front, I did manage to query a couple of places before my computer crapped out on me. I got one response from a company out in L.A. looking for short scripts to produce. I sent them "Pusherman"; what could it hurt? Nobody else wants it. One place I haven't heard from and the other, well, their deadline has passed for accepting submissions. I should get off my duff and start seriously querying screenwriting agents, but what's the point?

Did I tell you about an article I read recently? It basically said that any screenwriter who is over the age of 25 should know that their time is ticking as it relates to ever getting produced. According to the writer of this article, working with older adults is undesirable, as we are set in our ways and difficult to work with. My question is, if nobody is working with us, then just who exactly is attesting to our supposed inability to get the job done?

This is all too much. I want to go home, but can't for obvious reasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must get out of that blue funk. The world NEEDS your writing!!