Tuesday, June 17, 2008

how long is your rope?

Hidey-ho and top o' the morning to ya!

Below is a message I received from a mega literary agency's legal department yesterday in response to my query:

Please be advised that the attached email, addressed to DICK HOLE, pertaining to "Romantic Comedy Query" has been referred to my office. Please be advised that it is corporate policy of the BALL LICKER Agency, LLC not to accept, read, listen to and/or review any unsolicited material of any kind. In accordance with such policy, we must decline your query, and I am unable to endorse the submission of further materials.

WHAT?! So, you mean to tell me that it is the policy of this agency not to read ANYTHING?? How the hell do they find clients if they aren't reading anything? That is the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time. I called my friend Elayne about it yesterday and she agreed: muy dumbo. She also implored me not to write back anything snotty. I wasn't going to; I may be offended, but I'm not in the business of burning bridges yet to be built.

Needless to say, I'm at the end of my rope. And, no, this doesn't mean that I'm going to sit around in my robe feeling sorry for myself. Huh-uh. I'm mad as hell! SOMEBODY is going to make my movie. SOMEBODY is going to give me a job. Today is the day I stand up and say, I will not go quietly into the night...

Oops. Seems I've lapsed into the "Independence Day" speech. Anyway, I'm fired up and will use this energy to get noticed.

No comments: