Tuesday, June 17, 2008

down but not out

Suck ass writing news but swell real-life news.

First, the suck. I received another rejection of sorts today. This one was from a small management company in Los Angeles. Below is what he had to say:

Hi Delafantastika, unfortunately we're a small shop and can't
take blind submissions.


Good luck,
A PROFESSIONAL

People, this is how a rejection should be handled! He wrote back with one sentence that was the same basic kiss-off that I got from the monster agency. The difference was in the execution. He didn't punk out like the penis holes from yesterday and I can respect him for that.

Coming down from the writing cloud into real life, I got a phone call today from Raytheon. They want to interview me for a position this week. I'm stoked, but when I double checked the requisition, it requires a person with 0-2 years of experience. I'm not worried; I've got over seven years. What I am worried about is the salary range. Salary for 0-2 years experience is markedly different from 5+ years, nahmean? I'm calling the hiring manager back tomorrow with a suggested interview time. Ya'll, pray I get this job. I miss working...

There's a place near my house that repairs CDs. Handy, this is since both my Corbin Bleu and High School Musical 2 CDs are well and truly scratched.

If/ when I get this/a job, I'm taking the fam to Disneyworld again. I freaking love that place.

No comments: