Friday, June 20, 2008

gold dust woman

The original plan was to submit ten queries a day. That was all fine and good until I realized that I would have little time for actual writing if I continued down that path. So, I've narrowed it down to thirty queries a week. That way, I can submit ten a day three days a week and still create whenever the mood strikes me. Of course, "real" writers out there (the social outcasts in Birkenstocks and jams) will say that a writer needs to be disciplined and write every day. To which I scream "Bollucks!" Lemme tell you something: when the DLF is forcing herself to write, it's painfully obvious. Nobody wants to read that shit.

I'm making awesome headway on the new screenplay. I went through my old CD collection and have re-discovered Fleetwood de la Mac. Those songs are awesome and timeless. As of now, The Mac is my inspiration to keep going. Every time I hit a story hiccup, I think, "What would Stevie Nicks do"? That's when I flounce around in a black cape taking breaks only to snort cocaine off my own left breast. Just kidding. Can you see me in a black cape?

So, yeah. I'm reading a book called "Taming the Tongue" that outlines ways to keep negative, unGodly talk out of your vocabulary to make room for the postitive and the edifying. I'm trying really hard, but I kinda went off over at myspace about some country-ass theatre fucks. But that's the last time. Promise. You believe me, don't you?

No comments: