Saturday, June 7, 2008

end of an era

Before we get started, let's observe a moment of silence for the death of a fantasy. Yes, Vin Diesel and his girlfriend now have a baby. This means that any encounters with this living superhero will always be served with a side of baby mama drama. *sigh* It is the end of an era.

I haven't written in a while because we've been moving into our new house. Your erstwhile spiritual British Columbian is now living in Texas. Texas has changed since the last time I was here. The people here are not very friendly, all the lawns are manicured within an inch of their little green lives and there are barely enough black people to populate a soccer team. It's weird, but I'm trying to convince myself that everything is going to be okay. After all, we've only been here for a week, right? I really hope things get better.

To be fair, I always think the absolute worst when moving. On the way to my new destination, I lament "Well, that's it. I had something great that I'll never have again. It's the end of an era". Fortunately, I tend to prove myself wrong. I thought that in the islands where I was financially comfortable and was somewhat of a local personality with the newspaper column. I thought it couldn't get any better. When I moved to the northeast, my writing hit a grand stride and I was again financially comfortable. Now, I'm in this new place and the only place to go is up.

If you can't tell, I'm depressed. Life on the outside looks great, but I feel like crap. I have never been so fat or so bald (I cut my hair off a while back because it's triple digit hot here. Now I live in baseball caps) in my life. OMG. Fat and bald? I'm turning into my dad. Hmm. And I thought I was depressed before...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No way. Rest asured that if you ever start to look like a milk dud, I'll let you know.