Friday, June 27, 2008

gold dust woman 2: Electric Boogaloo

It's been a week since I've blogged, so let me catch you up on the doin's. First off, I've been drinking pretty heavily tonight, so just remember that if I start talking about leprechauns and fish sticks. Anyway, I got tired of sitting around, moping about the automatons in this burg that I decided to do something about it, damn it! That's right! Time to take fate into my own hands! I found a friend through the internet. Talk shit if you want, but I'm not about to waste time waiting around for life to happen to me. Anyway, We met tonight for drinks and convo and she's cool as shit. Loves vodka and Boris Kodjo (I'm so spelling his name wrong). Suffice it to say, I had a great time.

On the writing front- I have been receiving rejections left, right and center pretty regularly, but my spirit is not broken. oh no! On the contrary, I feel energized. See, today I got a letter from a local newspaper editor inviting me to submit my stories to his paper for publication. Yay! Another writing gig. If there's anything I love more than toast and marmalade, it's a writing gig. Tomorrow (or whenever I sober up), I'll get cracking on my first draft. I aim to turn it in no later than next Friday. I'll let you know how that goes.

Money, money, money, money..MONAAAYYYY! Got my stimulus check today. Time for me to go and stimulate the hell out of DSW! Sike- the boy needs school clothes and more monkey accessories for his bathroom.

My eyelids are heavy, so it's time to sign off. I had a really, really good day and I didn't even have to use my AK.

No comments: