Thursday, October 30, 2008

showCASE I didn't tell you

So a while back, I alluded to my husband winning a bunch of stuff on the Price is Right. That statement is a little misleading; he won the entire show! Showcase and all, ya'll. We're talking a fly-ass scooter, a car, two carat diamond ring, an HD tv, oh, and a trip to Fiji. Under normal circumstances, I would have been happy for him, but the timing couldn't have been more awful. See, while I was in Los Angeles, skipping around like a freaking wood sprite, high off Slamdance- he had already won and didn't tell me. I'm thinking I'm the shit and he's all- "Oh, yeah. I won a car". I was so angry, I burst out crying. He outdid me again! He does this all the time! Not on purpose, mind. He just has this gift for unintentionally making me feel like crap. But I am thankful that he's not a selfish loser. If he were, I wouldn't be getting a scooter for Christmas! :-)

The past two weeks have been pretty writing/ editing intensive. Since Slamdance, I've been on the phone with prodco's (production companies- forgive the lazy fingers this morning) and agents, trying desperately to drum up some heat for Lucas Donovan. Quite a few people have risen to the bait, but whether or not I can hook 'em remains to be seen.

Speaking of big fish (that's my last angling metaphor), guess who I spoke to two days ago? None other than young Mr. Corbin Bleu's manager! That's right! Your girl was perusing imdb and noticed that CB had new "people"- one of the newbies was this manager. According to imdb, he doesn't have any other clients except CB (score!). Next step- cross reference him with the Hollywood Creative Directory. He's in there and on the up and up. So, I give him a call and talk the gatekeeper. She's really sweet and I use my newfound schmooze tactics to get the manager himself on the phone. I talk up my script like it was handed down to me from the mountain top and he agrees to read it. That was two days ago. Is that awesome or what???!!! If he likes it and passes it to CB, then I will officially be verklempt. *sigh* Luck be a curly haired Disney boy today...

No comments: