Sunday, July 27, 2008

did I say I didn't do defeat..?

Funny things, those tag lines. Yesterday, I was up on my horse talking about how I don't do defeat, tomorrow is another day, as God is my witness, I shall never be rejected again and all that yang. Well, this morning I woke up and checked my email on my mobile and what was waiting for me, but a nice, juicy rejection from a little theatre in England. No love. I gets no love.

My in-laws and sister in law and her four children are here. If I weren't so fond of my current cut, I would pull my hair out. Those little fuckers are so loud and obnoxious, it's difficult to concentrate. My kitchen is a wreck and I can't get a moment's peace. In my world (a world with one well behaved eight year old and a husband who is more gone than home), the kitchen stays clean. I put things down; they stay put. I wish I had a blowgun so I could pop a BB into the youngest's butt. She is annoying. Little girls who like princesses are bloody annoying. I want to take her aside and tell her, "Look. There's no such thing as Prince Charming. But there are mortgages. So you might wanna take a break from brushing your hair and singing to the fucking animals and see what's up at the community college."

We got a letter from the HOA President yesterday saying that we have to weed our front garden. This bitch is starting to get on my nerves. I should send her a letter and tell her that 1986 called and wants its Ogilve home perm back. As much as I rail against the machine (no matter how fat and tragic it's capri pants are), I am as much a cog as the next person. I'll call a landscaper today and have him come out on Monday.

Writing news- I'm submitting my Fort Bend Writer's Guild (egad! I used the actual name!) scripts today. This is one contest that I can honestly say is worth the moolah. See, for $25 and the price of postage, you can get a scored feedback sheet on your first fifteen pages. Anyone who has ever paid for coverage knows that this is a bargain, indeed. So, off it goes today. I'm sending in "Mixtape" (currently being read by an L.A. management company, thanks very much!) and "Big Eddie Bound". You may remember "Big Eddie Bound" when it was known by the silly name "Pop Life". It was my very first screenplay and I never received any decent feedback on it, so off it goes. Wish me luck!

No comments: