Monday, July 28, 2008

script notes

I had planned to submit my script yesterday, but of course, that didn't happen. That's another reason I don't like having visitors. They want to do things, see things and experience the town. All the while, I am attempting to carry on with my normal life. My normal life- as boring as it sounds- consists of a job search, mailing scripts and writing my butt off. Not quite as interesting as a Dallas Cowboys game, but it's all I need. As soon as I finish this blog, I'm off to the post office.

Speaking of scripts, I've been knee deep in "Camp Responsibility" lately. Thirty-eight pages in and I've made a startling discovery: the dialogue is terrible. The dialogue is lacking because I don't really know my characters. So, after I'm done playing the happy hostess to family, I'll sit down and write character sketches. I'm having trouble with the relationship between the mother and grandmother. The main character, Michael, is pretty fleshed out. I know this all sounds like gibberish, but I promise it'll make sense when you're watching it on the Disney Channel. How's that for moxie?

Yesterday, my niece (the one who is four and begging for a BB in the butt) kept jumping on me and giving me kisses. I know it's supposed to be cute, but damn if it didn't make me want to vomit. Look, I don't like to be kissed, touched or breathed on by ANYONE, especially children. I told her to stop kissing me because it makes me itch, but she thought I was kidding. Then she kept trying to spank me, so I just body slammed her fat ass. She looked up at me like "Ha ha!" but I could tell in her face that she was also contemplating a good cry. Good. Maybe she'll start ignoring me.

Gotta go mail this script and call the landscapers again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may actually be meaner than me.

Elayne said...

OMG! You are so crazy!!!