Thursday, July 3, 2008

a moment of peace

It is the day before the 4th of July weekend. My husband and son have buggered off to watch Hancock, so I'm sitting on the couch watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi. Many of these I have already seen, but these old episodes are like a pot of spaghetti- even better the second time around.

My husband is good at everything! He's been exercising his ass off lately and that, coupled with the fact that my butt is getting bigger and bigger, doesn't make me feel good. He also has this wonderful relationship with our son that I could never hope to duplicate. It is downright depressing. To not think about it, I've thrown myself into my writing.

My strategy has paid off, as "Pusherman" has been optioned. I also have a stage play version that I am submitting to a small theatre. Hopefully, they like it as much as I do. A side note about option: it doesn't mean that it will be produced. On the contrary, it might never be produced. An option is giving a production company the option to produce the piece within a certain amount of time. If they do, you get paid. If not, you're free to shop it around. At any rate, this is good news.

Gotta go write. Enjoy your 4th.

No comments: