Monday, November 3, 2008

breathe again

Whew!

I finally received my rejection letter from Nickelodeon Studios. I've been waiting months for it and they didn't disappoint. My "I'm sorry, but you still suck" letter arrived on cute orange paper and a really neat envelope. Oh well. There's always next year. Next month, I find out if I got into the Disney Fellowship. With this one, I might have a chance in hell because the sample I submitted was the Slamdance script. I submitted my ill-fated "Cavemen" spec to Nickelodeon. *sigh* Live and learn.

Right now, I'm supposed to be reworking a play called "Slow Burn" for a contest. This contest is open to one act plays that deal with peace in some way. I would normally balk at such a wack concept, but there's no entry fee and the prize is $500. Guess I better get on my grind, huh? The play is about three naive Ohioans who move to San Francisco at the tail end of the Age of Aquarius (each for different reasons, all searching for peace). Instead of finding the peace they wanted, they each find the peace that they needed. One ends up dead, one ends up swallowed by what's left of the "movement" and one reinvents herself by joining the Establishment. Now all I need is a better title than "Slow Burn" and I'm all set. I was thinking of taking part of song title, but that's lazy (i.e, "Mighty Real"). Hmm. I'll get back to you on the title situation. It'll be a lot easier to think of one now that I'm not holding my breath for Nickelodeon.

No comments: