Monday, November 17, 2008

got me a horse, got me a script

It's a quarter to eight at night and I just sent off the infamous Christmas script. It's called "Holiday Plans". Ya'll, that was the quickest script I'd ever written. Fifteen pages in three days doesn't seem like all that much, but you want it to be as perfect as it can be, so it takes a lot of mental energy to turn in something that you're proud of. That being said, I can honestly say that "Holiday Plans" turned out better than I thought it would. Yay, me!

I also signed up to judge screenwriting contest entries. I have five to read and score within two weeks. I'm about halfway through the first one. It's fun to read this one because this is obviously a beginning screenwriter and, although there are massive chunks of exposition and nary a correctly formatted page, I can tell that this person is a storyteller. It reminds me of my first couple of scripts- I knew what I wanted to say, but just didn't know how I wanted to say it. Trust me, this writer will get by with a little help from her friends.

As for me, I'll get by with a little help from my ends. I start working at T.R.U this weekend and stand to make some serious holiday duckets. After the holidays, they want me to stay on in an HR capacity. If the honey is sweet enough, I just may, but first let's see how this weekend goes.

No comments: