Wednesday, November 26, 2008

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Here's the minor news- the producer is moving full steam ahead with Holiday Plans, with shooting set to begin on 6 December. I can't believe that these guys are so serious. I mean, after being burned by the "Pusherman" (i.e, rewrites of rewrites of rewrites only to end up as a big fat MAYBE), I figured this one wouldn't go anywhere, either. But here I am smack in the middle of a no-shit production schedule. The character's audition videos really got me hyped, though. The kids they cast are too cute.

And the major news is...I have a meeting!!! That's right! I got an email from a prodco today asking me if I was in the Los Angeles area and, if so, they'd like to set up a meeting with me. This was based on a script they'd read several months ago. Meetings are second only to two picture deals and paydays when it comes to the Holy Grail of writing. Meetings are the stuff nocturnal emissions are made of. Well, that and random proteins but you see my point. So, anyway, after I finished jumping around and screaming, I emailed them back and told them that I wasn't in the area, but I could be there by Tuesday and did they still want to meet? When I get an answer, I'll let you know...

No comments: