Tuesday, November 4, 2008

the end is nigh

Listening to commentary on the election has got me thinking. A lot of evangelicals talk about how Obama is the anti-Christ and his election will signal the beginning of the End Times. I know that the Anti-Christ is supposed to be loved by all and eventually will require people to worship him, but I just can't see that with Barack Obama. Still, it makes me nervous that I might be alive when the end of the world happens. Are these the ramblings of misguided racists or gospel truth?

If you listen to Jews, the temple on the mount has to be rebuilt a third time before the Tribulation. But I'm not Jewish, so I'm going with the Anti-Christ story. For me, this election was about much more than keeping Roe v. Wade in tact or raising the minimum wage. It was about giving myself and my son a few more years on Earth before Judgement Day.

That's what's been weighing on my mind as of late. Am I being the Christian that I was called to be? I just don't want to be caught short on the day of reckoning, you know what I mean?

No comments: