Tuesday, October 16, 2007

no suspicious discharge

The word of the day was "suspicious discharge", but I failed to get anyone to say it. I even spoke with some former military types who I was certain would have a story about a "suspicious discharge", but no such luck. Where's an OB/GYN when you need her, huh? Oh well. There's always tomorrow. For tomorrow, the game's afoot!

I told myself that, productivity be damned, I was going to have a good time today. And, you know what? I did. I didn't stress over my upcoming settlement this Thursday; didn't even bring one real estate related thing with me to work. One of my friends called me this morning and set my mind at ease about a couple of things which was fan-freaking-tastic and my little potbelly is gone. Yes! Ladies and gentlemen, my six pack is now on on full display. Now if I could only get over that whole two-piece bathing suit phobia...

My local museum holds a concert series every now and then. A couple of days ago, I received a membership email from them stating that they were kicking around the idea of having a Beatlemania concert and did I think it was a good idea. Are you kidding me? Short of a KISS-mania concert, a celebration of Beatlemania is ALWAYS a good idea! Anyway, I wrote the chairlady back and told her that I thought it was the best idea since Tampax Pearl and I would be willing to help organize it. She didn't write me back, but I'm hoping she accepts my help. I would love to put a show like this together. Even if I'm enlisted to stand on the corner in an advertising sandwich board and shower cap. Fun is what I'm after these days and I think this fits the bill.

I took two pills this evening and consequently won't be able to sleep for quite a while. My husband's very much asleep now so I think I'll go downstairs and watch another episode of "It's Me or the Dog".

No comments: