Wednesday, October 31, 2007

wanna hear something scary?

The rejections are coming in low and fast, people! Yesterday I got one from the one-act festival in Montana and today I had my Halloween short story rejected. I wasn't counting on the Halloween story, though. I just submitted it to fill my submission quota for the month. Naughty, naughty writer monkey!

Today at work everyone was dressed up and I felt about as included as a nun at a wet tee shirt contest. So, in the spirit of not being a complete bitch, I dressed up as Amy Winehouse. My costume was fierce, I say! Although I didn't have the bloodstained ballet slippers (you know, from where I inject heroin between my toes), I had the nappy beehive and winged out eyeliner and I even got drunk. How's that for authenticity? That's where this blog finds me, ladies and gentlecreatures. Too lazy to remove this heavy ass wig and too drunk to care. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna wake up with a hangover and subsequently be late for work. My husband suggested that instead of calling in sick, I should call in Winehouse, but I said no, no, no.

I don't think I'm going to write tomorrow. I'll probably blog, but not write. Methinks I need a break. Oh, yeah. I got my hair cut today. It looks wondermous. I love my stylist!!!! She's not at all like that retardo numb shit that fucked me up a couple of months ago. Janet, you rock.

No comments: