Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Good fortunes

I'm having the most freakingist awesomist day a human being could have (so awesome it defies proper conjugation, damn it)! This morning, I received a note from a Hollywood agency saying they'd gotten my query letter and were interested in reading the screenplay. I filled out the release and sent it off this morning. This is another milestone for me- only the second time this has happened! The first was a small Georgia production company that look so long to review the piece (almost a year) that I actually wrote to them and requested that they withdraw my script from consideration. Alas, it's a new day and a new script (that last one involved a drag queen and a one-legged reporter, so in retrospect it was probably for the best that my name wasn't associated with that trash in public).

Needless to say, I am over the moon with this news! Could this be the break I've been waiting for?

I've finished the outline for my Cavemen script. Am I going to wait until the strike is over to run out and find a home for it? Let the church say "Hell, no, bitches!" It's like this, potnah: remember that episode of Alice where Mel and the girls were locked in the stockroom? They were in there for hours, a captive audience to Vera's particular brand of homespun foolishness. Well, the WGA strike is the locked storeroom and it's me and the agents, baby. A captive audience. Want something to read? You don't have working clients or new projects. In fact, by my reckoning, you ain't got nothin' but time...

Life is too good today.

No comments: