Wednesday, November 14, 2007

merry Christmas from me to flu

I have the flu, so I'm home from work. At first, I wondered if it was the actual flu or just depression in flu's clothing, so I just took the day as a precaution. As it turns out, I'm actually physically ill this time. Who knew?

Alas, if there's one thing that makes me feel better, it's Christmas. I love Christmas as much as I love toast. In an effort to cheer up my immune system, I'm listening to Harry Connick, Jr's Christmas CD and watching the DVD. Nothing says yuletide like a big band and a square jawed crooner. If I hadn't left Barry Manilow's Christmas CD in my desk drawer, I'd be rocking that one, too. Well, as much as one can rock Manilow.

On the writing front- I haven't heard anything back from the agency that requested my entire script. I'm optimistic, though. I'm talented, right? My movies are at least as good as the stuff out now, right? I have confidence that, as soon as someone actually reads my work, they'll take me on. My stories are compelling, damn it! On another note, I've been getting my rejections back a lot quicker. My hunch is, because of the writer's strike, many agents are sitting on their thumbs. Why not use those under-employed digits to rip open my queries? I'm using today's down time to fire off more queries. That's a lie. I used a good deal of the morning on housework like laundry and cleaning dried boogers off my son's wall. I should save them and put them in his stocking, nasty fahker.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I'm in such a Christmas mood too! I just put in the movie "Serendipidy" because it's Christmas-y.