Wednesday, January 2, 2008

trying desperately not to do a damned thing

Yep. The title basically sums it up. I'm so not trying to do much of anything today, if you must know the truth. Look, today is the first day Nickelodeon is accepting applications for their Writing Fellowship for 2009, so mine flies the nest today. I'm sending in my "Cavemen" episode as a sample. Other than Nickelodeon, my day is wide open. Full of promise or, as it were, cramps, headache and other lovely PMS symptoms. Why didn't that doctor just remove my uterus when I asked him to? The Egyptians had the right idea. Cart out the ol' canopic jar, yank out the offensive plumbing and voila'! Of course, there's that whole mummification issue to contend with, but anything has to be worse that expending blood and tissue and living on Motrin 800 for five days.

I'll let you know if I run across any of those jars.

No comments: