Friday, March 21, 2008

good day, damn it

I don't know about yours, but my yesterday was one of those days when I wished I would get struck by lightening just to break up the monotony. I think it's a combination of the pain meds (and coming off of them), my tired/aching body and a myriad of other things that had me down. But today is going to be a good day. Oh yes. I stayed in bed an hour later than usual, had sex for the first time in weeks (Percoset is the opposite of Spanish Fly, lemme tell ya) and am taking my computer to work so I can work on my writing.

Yesterday wasn't all tears and frustration, though. I received an email from the Development Director of the company that produced "Suburban Psycho" with an open invitation to directly send her any more shorts that I had. "Surburban Psycho is a great example to follow", she said. Woo to the hoo! Needless to say, I sent her my girl scout-cum-drug dealer short. Hopefully, she'll see the humor and produce that one, too. If not, oh well.

Speaking of that short, I sent it to my sister three days ago and she still hasn't read it. It makes me angry because I help her with her assignments, but she can't find the time to read my three pages?! Whatever. If she doesn't care for my writing, then she should say so. I won't send her work to critique anymore. I value her opinion because she inherently looks for different things in movies than my other friends. She is Jane Q. Public.

Another friend of mine gave feedback on my Manilow-driven masterpiece yesterday. Some of it was valid; I did have people appearing and reappearing like the ghost of Christmas past without mention of their entrance and/or exit. The other stuff, well, I didn't even bother to listen to. She's helpful, if not a little ham-fisted and mean sometimes.

Can't wait to hear from the Development Director about my short! Today is going to be a good day, even if I have engineer it so.

No comments: