Wednesday, March 26, 2008

roses and then some

The first thing I did today when I went to work was order myself a dozen white roses. I usually have flowers delivered to myself whenever I’m feeling down- it tends to brighten my day, you know? Then I changed up my screensaver from Corbin Bleu to a slightly more recent Corbin Bleu (Corbin Neu?) and set about the business of the day. And wouldn’t you know, today was actually great! First, my very talented writer-friend paid my work a compliment. Sincere compliments are always welcome, but even more so from this woman as she is like a dull butcher knife- she doesn’t mince (words, that is). She read the drug dealer short. I'm actually partial to that one, too. Hopefully, the L.A. producers will be, as well.

Then this evening, I received a solicitation email from my local theatre company. You know, the penis holes who wouldn’t give my work time of day and, incidentally, asked me to play a HOUSE SERVANT in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"??? Anyway, they asked if I had a ten minute jobby featuring two women. See, they’re looking for a piece to showcase during an event on 11 April and thought of me. Even though they’re bastards, I was still verklempt. Unfortunately, I don’t have anything that is strictly two women, but do you think that’s gonna stop me? Hell to the naw, potnah! After I finish this, I’m gonna go write something and send it to her tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Still haven’t heard anything from L.A.- neither my mentor nor the producers. That and the fact that I did something REALLY stupid at work that I'm hoping doesn't blow up in my face is making me a nervous wreck. Oh well, just gotta push forward, right? Right-o.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to read the script u write with the 2 women. Send it my way, dude! And congrats.