Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Suburban Part Deux

Ya'll, I am STILL on a high from the production of my movie. It's funny- I'm so used to talking about what's going on with my "script" that it's taking effort to change the language from "script" to "production". Nothing I'd ever written has gotten this far. Anyway, I received an email back from the Director of Development and she said that the company is holding a screening of several shorts next month on Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles and she'd let me know if my piece made it in. Woo-hoo! I can't wait! 2008 is shaping up to be my year.

Last night, I had bratwurst for dinner so needless to say, I woke this morning with the urgent need to relieve my colon. After relieving the ol' sigmoid, it was only 5:30am, so I got up and did housework which culminated in making dinner for tonight. Tonight's delectable offering is sloppy joes. Picture it: me standing over a hot stove when my ungrateful seven year old comes downstairs and starts talking about how he doesn't like beef and "how come we have to eat everything you like and nothing I like"? I wanted to kick his ass for lying. He INHALES sloppy joes! That's the only reason I'm making this bullshit. If it were up to me, we'd spinach and salmon and scallops and kippers.

Another point about him- it seems like every time I sit down to write, he comes up with some idiotic reason for me to pause and help him with something. He also makes comments like "why don't you stop writing?", "why don't you give up writing?" or my personal favorite, "are you gonna write forever?!" See, he thinks I should spend every spare moment I have catering to him and it offends his sensibilities that I would do anything else. Newsflash, buddy: I will write forever. Now when he comes around while I'm writing, it inspires me. I WANT to write more. Whether or not he intends it to be, it's a battle that I intend to win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You MUST let me know if there's a screening in L.A. I need to bust out my gold diaper.

Anonymous said...

I want you to really explore the studio space. I mean it. Explore the space.