Friday, February 29, 2008

Suburban Psycho Production

My "Suburban Psycho" script that I optioned last year was just produced today in Los Angeles! I still can't believe it; it feels so surreal. I know it's not a huge Hollywood production, but it's my very first and will be shown on channel KXLA. Perhaps most importantly, I will receive a DVD of the production as well as a check. The check won't be enough to do any damage, but it'll keep me in computer paper for a year. I can't wait to see how the actors interpret my words. After I see it, I'm going to have a screening party with my friends. Not to boast, but this is something I've worked supadupa hard for and I want to share it with those who understand my passion.

Of course, as soon as I found out the awesome news, I emailed the Delafantastika Street Team (they're not really a street team; just my homies). My former editor from Hawaii emailed me back with congratulations and told me that I was "doing Hawaii proud". I have to admit, that got me a little misty.

Another reason this production is so important to me is it fulfills one of my two writing goals for 2008. As a refresher: my two goals were to a) have a stage play or screenplay produced and b) get an agent. No luck on the stage play yet, but hell if I didn't get a production! And you know what? I'm not even going to worry about agents right now. Right now, in this moment, I'm going to allow myself to bask in the knowledge that I'm doing the damned thing.

No comments: