Thursday, March 6, 2008

inspiration strikes!

Opening scene: a typical American office. DELAFANTASTIKA, 30ish, sly and beautiful, reads her email.

DELAFANTASTIKA: (reading to herself) "The OldTowne Players is presenting the original one-act play by renowned local playwright Dick Cheese McGuinness". Hmm. The Old Towne Players are the same sucker MCs who were happy to accept my help backstage for two years, all the while showing no interest at all in my literary works. I hate them. I hate their mothers. Should I call the office and leave a nasty voice mail?

Lightning bolt of inspiration from the heavens.

DELAFANTASTIKA: I know what I'll do! If I can't beat them, I'll mock the shit out of them.

Curtain

And thus my newest dramatic undertaking was born. I outlined it this afternoon and aim to finish Act One by the end of the weekend. It'll be shoehorned between birthday parties and the new Martin Lawrence movie, but it'll get done. I also finished the treatment for a baby sitcom idea I've been kicking around. I'm telling you, creativity was simply oozing from my pore holes. I cannot wait until the day when my shows and movies are on the little and the big screen. How awesome would it be to get up in the morning and know that your only job is to entertain the masses?

No comments: