Saturday, March 15, 2008

P.M. Dawn at dawn

Well, kiddies, I survived the surgery and, after spending the last couple of days in a Percoset fog things are starting to look up. I woke up this morning and climbed the stairs by myself, made tea and even had two pancakes. I won't be leaving the house any time soon, but it feels good to be out of the painkiller woods, you know?

Anyway, I've decided that I'm going to the Maui Writer's Conference this year. It's being held on Oahu instead of Maui and if I volunteer, I can attend the conference for free! I have a friend that lives on the island, so I'm only responsible for airfare to Hawaii. I'm excited about this. I just want my friend Elayne to go, too. She's an incredible writer and this opportunity missed for her would be a tragedy.

I'm watching VH1 Soul this morning and P.M. Dawn just came on! P.M. Dawn were a mainstay on my CD player back in the day. Them and Natural Selection. This blog is dedicated to my early '90s music heroes who have fallen off the edge of the earth. P.M. Dawn, The KLF, Natural Selection, Cathy Dennis. You are missed.

No comments: