Tuesday, March 11, 2008

guess what came in the mail?

(a scale and some Arm and Hammer...)

My DVD! Yes, Suburban Psycho arrived today and I have watched it almost to death. Still, I can't foresee the viewings getting old. In fact, it just keeps getting better and better in my eyes. This is my baby- come to life. This must be what expectant mothers think when they see the ultrasound for the first time.

The movie is actually a movie. I was telling one of my friends that earlier and she said "Of course it is. What did you think it was going to be?" Truthfully, I didn't know what to expect, so I kept expecting a third rate, bare stage production where the main character and the boom mike jockey for screen time. But, it's not. It's directed with makeup and music and credits and everything! Now that I've watched it uptisquat times, though, hearing my voice coming through these characters seems weird. I realized that the words that I'd written were written specifically for my inflection and my sense of humor. The actors and the director made it so much darker than I'd expected. This isn't a complaint; just an observation.

My son is playing the wretched Wii right now, but as soon as he goes to bed, I'm so watching my DVD again. Life is good today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see it soooo bad!!