Wednesday, August 13, 2008

the fable- revisited

I've got it! My personal fable is going to look something like this: Delafantastika has always wanted to be a writer, but was never in the right place at the right time. Splitting her childhood between Europe and Texas, she never quite made it out to California. When she married a man whose job takes the family from state to state, she thought she'd never make it to L.A. Still, she kept writing thinking that she didn't have "a reason to go yet". One day, she made up her mind and, with $1000 dollars and her MacBook, she descended on Los Angeles in September of 2008.

So, it's cheesy and I left out a whole gaggle of stuff, but that's what personal fables are, right? The honest truth with all the honest trimmed off?

Yesterday was a BOSS writing day! I called twelve agents and managers to see who was reading T.V. pilots and would you know that I wasn't hung up on once? In fact, only two people were abrupt (meaning they hung up before I did). I've got quite a few more agents and managers to call today, but I wanted to take time this morning to record what happened next! I called a manager and he said that he's reading specs. I told him that I was moving to Los Angeles on the 19th (not quite a lie; I'll just be moving right back on the 21st), so if he'd like to meet or something then I'd be available. There was the world's longest pause and then he said, "The 19th? What's your name?" I told him I was The Delafantastika and he said "thanks" and hung up. So, do we have a meeting? I dunno, but I'm gonna call him as soon as I hit the ground in Los Angeles. My goal is to have two "meetings" during my trip.

www.tvtickets.com has free audience tickets for folks wanting to watch the taping of a television show. I'm gonna see if I can catch a taping while I'm in town. I think it would be great to watch how it's put together. It would at least give me some insight on the set limitations I should be writing around.

Life is good today.

No comments: