Thursday, August 7, 2008

one down, two to go

This happens all the time! It's like a damned omen or something! So, earlier I wrote that I hadn't heard anything from any of the agents. Well, I got home today from a particularly stimulating trip to the North Texas Historical Museum (sidebar- it's politically correct now to call them "farm" as opposed to "plantations") and what did I have waiting for me but a rejection from one of the agents. Although Lucas Donovan was "very entertaining and well-written", they would have to pass on it. Oh well. One agent down, two more to go.

Still thinking about my rewrites. I took the day off writing to do some museum jaunting and wrap my mind around all the different ideas. Anyway, I was so taken with the community that surrounded the museum that I'm going back tomorrow (sans 3 inch heels, mind) to visit all the quaint antique shops and old fashioned ice cream parlors. Another sidebar- I love mid-century architecture and this town had a lot to offer.

My husband's idea of comedy is very basic. Sometime I wonder if he "gets" the funny in my scripts. Maybe he doesn't like it at all. Or maybe my funny isn't funny, but I'm telling myself that it is so forwardly funny that nobody gets it.

No comments: