Friday, August 1, 2008

updates

While reading through old blogs, I realized there were quite a few loose ends that needed tying up. So here goes:

1. Raytheon. I didn't get the job, but a higher position was posted two weeks later. A position that was more in line with my experience as a manager/executive. I applied for that one, but haven't heard anything. I also applied for twelve other various jobs in and around this burg. I plan to take the first one that comes along (and ditch it when Raytheon calls me) simply for a little positive cash flow.

2. Disney Fellowship. I finally finished something resembling a coherent Statement of Intent, packed it all up and sent it off just under deadline. Finalists for the fellowship will be notified in December of this year.

3. Nickelodeon Fellowship. Semi-finalists will be notified this month. Once upon a time, I was excited about it. Alas, that was before I a) knew that "Cavemen" was on CBS' sitcom chopping block and b) realized that my spec script for "Cavemen" was garbage.

4. Newspaper writing gigs. The human period panties from our local ghetto rag never wrote me back, but I'm not bitter. Mainly because the city paper was looking for a restaurant reviewer (full time, paid in real money). I did, in fact, mail off my resume, clips and cover letter. The package was mailed a whole twelve miles into the city, so I should hear something by the end of next week. Mind you, this is my deadline. They may end up being just as shady as the locals busters.

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Best of luck to you!!! Your local missed out. Their loss, not yours. Plus, you knew they weren't sophisticated enough to actually understand your work.