Wednesday, December 26, 2007

the day after

Merry Christmas, readers! Did you get your two turtle doves? I didn't, but I did get Hairspray and some High School Musical booty (not Zac or Corbin, just the books). Hope your booty was as sweet as mine. I took a day off from writing to celebrate food, folks and fun (dig that vintage McDonald's slogan) and it was great, if not exhausting. So, this morning finds me in the wee hours wearing festive thermals, watching "Hairspray", and attempting to craft a coherent blog.

I made a point several months ago of trying to enjoy life more and it's working. I've enjoyed these past five or so days off from work. Not having to go in at 8am, writing all day if I want to, having time to read my books. It's fantastic!

The writer's strike has still got me worried about my future in the entertainment business. Sometimes it seems as though everyone but me has the right answer. Today is the day for another ten minute play. Don't know what it'll be about, but when I'm finished, I'll let you know.

No comments: