Saturday, December 29, 2007

order in the midst of chaos

Outside the temperature is hovering around sixty degrees and there's a light rain. Today is the perfect day to spend in one's robe watching a terrible Lifetime movie and eating a particularly creamy vichyssoise. Instead, I'm on my way to town in search of cool 2008 calendars and ski gear for our upcoming winter excursion.

Yesterday, I was nasty to a woman at work that I am insanely jealous of. She's the cow and a half that got the undeserved raise. I'm ashamed of myself because I know better and I knew I was wrong in the midst of the wrongdoing. If there was a way to go back and correct it, I would. Sometimes I'm such a common bitch. As if you didn't know.

Rest assured comeuppance is mine. For I began the day with a rejection from a Boston playhouse. I'd submitted two plays, both of which were judged and found wanting. This isn't a huge shock, as the rejection is about a month late. Still, closure is always welcome. When I get home, I've got more queries to fire off. On Monday, I really need to get off my chocolate duff and call managers and production companies. As usual, I'll find an excuse not to call. See, cold calling these people terrifies me. On the other hand, I believe that conquering that fear is what stands between me sitting in my home office and me attending my first movie premiere.

Speaking of home office, this place is a mess! I'm talking a no shit, can't-see-the-top-of-the-way-cool-Ikea-desktop, hot ham and cheese mess. I've got Christmas prezzies that need to be put away or eBay'd, gym clothes, shoes, jackets, random papers-- all of this surrounds me. Gotta get this under control before somebody calls Niecy Nash and embarrasses me on television. Then again, cleaning my office may be just another distraction from the inevitable cold calling. Either way you slice it, they both have to be done, right?

No comments: