Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thank you for being a friend

Out of the blue today, I got an email from an old friend. Seven years ago, we served together in Germany and now he's one year away from retirement and I'm still crazy. I had forgotten what great times we had! We used to sneak away from work for coffee, have lunch at the local pizza place, and have lengthy conversations about neurolinguistic programming- altogether very stimulating. Good friends- those without an agenda -are hard to find.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with my boss to let her know I intend to quit my job. See, there's this annoying, uneducated blob of uselessness that was just promoted. She's only been with the company for six months (to my year). I found this out on Friday and for the past few days, I've been trying to figure out the hows and whys. We're talking a 20k raise, ya'll! That's some serious "balls on chin" money. My question is: whose asshole do I need to finger to get in on the action? I'm normally not in the business of fingering random anus, but if my midget digits and pride are the only thing between me and 90k a year, then, shit. With that kind of dough, I could buy more pride.

Sorry. Sometimes my thoughts run away with me and stuff gets dirty. But that's the beauty of this place! It's like a dog park for my Id. Anyway, for those of you who care, Corbin Bleu is coming out with a new movie. This one is called "Freestyle" (about motocross) and will actually be released in theaters. Hopefully, next he'll play the lead in Lucas Donovan. After all, I wrote it for him.

No comments: