Saturday, December 1, 2007

i didn't even have to use my AK

2000 zero zero party over- oops- out of time!

I'm happy to report that I did not spontaneously combust from having to make merry at a company party last night. Thank God. I saw so many fake smiles, it was pitiful. I did a good job of pushing food around on my plate and making small talk. It was hard, though. We had one igit who insisted on talking about Norman Rockwell paintings. And we care why? I stayed for dinner, but didn't party like it was 1999. The rug was just fine without me attempting to cut it, thank you.

This morning I got an email from Western Connecticut State University (I know- just hear me out) saying my entry into their "Writing High School" contest had been selected for an anthology and they'd like permission to use it and my bio, etc. There's no pay, but the essay I sent them was similar to the short screenplay I optioned earlier this year. That is, little more than a writing prompt. My essay was a tongue-in-cheek letter to the reunion committee about how they and their reunion can suck my imaginary penis because I'd rather stick flaming toothpicks under my gums than continue the torture I left behind upon graduation. I'll post it here for your enjoyment later.

Yes, today's gonna be a good day. Our contractor is finishing our shower today, and my son's school is sponsoring a pancake breakfast. And let the choir say "Yum!" I don't know what it is about pancake brekkie that gets me giddy. It's not like it's toast or anything. Maybe it's gluten-induced delirium.

It's not even seven o'clock in the morning yet and it's already a good day.

No comments: