Thursday, December 20, 2007

syndication

This marks my 100th blog entry! If this blog were a television sitcom, I'd be eligible for syndication (if I wasn't cancelled already for mentioning fingering an anus).

In other blog news, my terrible diet is catching up with me. My skin isn't as glowing and my teeth are telling on me and my affinity for Tazo tea and let's not get started on the hair. It's probably the second most important thing to me (behind my teeth) and it needs help. It's losing elasticity and doesn't want to behave. Luckily it's about to be relaxed within an inch of its obstinate little life...

It's a bitter pill to swallow when you are faced with the truth about yourself. Today I realized that I'm the master of lip-service. One of my favorite sayings has always been: "if there is no wind, then row". However, it's been easier said than done. Instead of giving the ol' oars a workout, I've been sitting in my dinghy pouting. So, the time has come to get off my butt and do something. That's why I've emailed Corbin Bleu's agent with my Lucas Donovan pitch. Maybe he'll read it. Maybe he'll think I'm a looney tune, but it makes me feel better knowing that I did it. If I don't hear anything from him by 4 January, I'm mailing my written query. I checked Corbin's profile on imdb and, besides Freestyle, he doesn't have any other projects in the pipeline. My movie couldn't come at a better time, right? Right?!

Received a rejection today. Was a relief, truth be told. In the past few weeks, I hadn't heard any writing news at all. Therefore, I've busied myself with my spec scripts- one for "Psych" and one for "Suite Life of Zack and Cody" and preparing my submissions to the ABC/Disney Fellowship and the Nickelodeon Fellowship. Nickelodeon application gets mailed on 2 Jan. Don't know when I need to get the Disney one in, though. I also entered my disco play to the Act One Series at the Renaissance Theatre. The festival is in May '08; don't know when chosen playwrights will be notified. I'm excited about this one. The artistic director and I have a pretty healthy e-relationship.

I would SO die if C.B.'s agent wrote me back! :-)

No comments: