Friday, September 14, 2007

crack music

Actually, I did have toast this morning. I forgot. Straight butter and strawberry preserves, but every bit as satisfying. It's 8:17am, do you know where your contractors are? I think these fools misunderstood me when I said 8:00am. Business must not be that good if you can't even afford a watch.

This morning I registered Lucas and Vlad with the WGA, but now comes the hard part. Do I query today or do I sit on it? I know of one agent in particular who is actively seeking romantic comedies and comedies. So what am I waiting for? I think I need another set of eyes on the manuscript, just to be sure. I was reading another one of those uplifting "You? A screenwriter? Phoar! Not in this lifetime, sporty" articles and it said that the only person who should see your first draft is your dog. How inspiring. I don't have a dog, but I've got some pretty savvy and literate friends who've given feedback. I think I'll wait until my husband comes home tonight (or tomorrow. I have no idea when he's coming home. But I care. I do) and ask him to read before I send off the query.

What's the rush, you ask? Well, earlier this year I set my writing goals and one of them was to secure representation by the end of the year. Well, I've had a couple of close calls, but ultimately no soap. Deep down, I'm still holding on to that lofty goal. Although, truth be told, I'd rather have an agent in January of 2008 that really believes in what I'm doing rather than an agent on paper who couldn't give two cinnamon teddy grahams about the manuscript.

Damn James Blunt. Try as I might, I like his new song, "1973". It's like musical crack. The first time you try it, it hits your brain and within 8 seconds, you're powerless, forever captive to its diabolical hold. It's crack music, son!

No comments: