Saturday, September 15, 2007

two in one day? fahkin' A!

Two rejections in one day. One from a production company who doesn't give a flying African orphan about my attempt at social commentary. The other was from a manager who specializes in romantic comedies. I emailed my logline this morning and this evening, I got the big BP rejection-- Bitch, Please..! The BP is a blessing in disguise, though. My husband is reading the screenplay right now so I may be able to strengthen the work even further with his suggestions. I just get so tired of what feels like spinning my wheels. Of all the "Soul Plane", "Cookout", "Vampiyaz" movies, why can't somebody throw a couple million my way to finance my dream? Why not me?

I had a sneaking suspicion this was going to happen. That's why I bought myself a pair of black suede kitten heel boots. Just to take the edge off.

No comments: