Friday, September 7, 2007

rom com 2.0

So, my sister read the very first draft and gave me some pointers. I've been revising all night and sent a rough copy to my dear writer/reader friend. I felt bad asking her to read because she's a busy person, but I know that whatever feedback I receive from her will be given without reservation and free from agenda. There are certain people out there that I don't allow to read for me anymore. That's right. I said "allow". Asking somebody to read what I've written is terrifying, to say the least. It's like standing naked in a funhouse mirror, spreading your ass cheeks and asking carnival-goers to give their honest opinion of your colon. That's why I must be selective about who reads for me. I don't spread my ass cheeks for just anyone.

This would seem like the perfect place to launch into a diatribe about haters, but I'll pass this once. Revisions await and I'm excited. If this screenplay gets me an agent before the end of the year, I will spread my cheeks...for everybody!! :-)

1 comment:

Elayne said...

I'm honored, and you better know it! I wish I could say I'm never too busy for you and not look like a liar, but you know how hard it is to get me on the phone... You will hear from me this week on it! I can't wait to read your work!!!