Thursday, September 6, 2007

my first rom-com

Well, I did it. I finished the first draft of "Lucas Donovan Forever". Whoever said that good writing must cost the writer something was never more right. This screenplay forced me way out of my comfort zone. I had to wade out into the deep waters of funny and sexy instead of splashing around in the shallow security of self-referential and snarky. The screenplay is still in it's first draft form, but I can put that first check mark down, nonetheless. I thought about taking a look at "Mixtape" this evening, but it may be too soon. My brain needs a break.

Today, for all intents and purposes, has been strangely productive. I made dinner, went for a walk, emailed my "mentor" (unavailable bastard) and completed four submissions. I also watched a movie called "Brick". Teen noir. Very, very well-written. Highly recommended. Sidebar: it makes my teeth itch when people say "for all intensive purposes". These are usually the same ignorant bastards who bandy about "irregardless" regardless of the fact that it is dead ass wrong. Anyway.

On the real estate front, I have CMAs and net sheets to complete. Looks like we'll make an offer next week and go to closing sometime next month. Fingers crossed that the seller hasn't fooked up her house so much so that it can't pass inspection. Fingers crossed.

Finished screenplay. Settlement on the horizon. I deserve a drink.

No comments: